Some ways to for teachers to give formative feedback as part of formative assessment to students through technology. The feedback has to lead to the students’ direct and immediate improvement on the specific goal. Within the formative assessment process, students need “personalized” feedback which focus on their specific learning gaps.
- Orally with audio/screen capture programs
- Add in comments in digital word processed documents
- Refer to YouTube etc. video made by teacher, peers, or others
– Suggest a specific website that explains it in another way
- Provide an exemplar to re-examine from class website, wiki
– Develop “PowerPoint” quizzes that explain the wrong answers to understand the right ones.
You can view some other ideas at
and add your own by joining the wiki at
My book, Formative Assessment: Responding to Your Students, is available through Eye on Education.
Also, my book, Successful Student Writing Through Formative Assessment, is available through Eye on Education.