A push is on to assess the technology skills of students and teachers. Let’s add administrators.
Here are some questions that Roger Sevilla and I thought of:
- Who will determine what skills will be assessed?
- Will the skills be assessed in a “paper and pencil” self-perception survey mode or will the skills be assessed in actual performance?
- Will the teachers be assessed on what technology skills they have or on what technology skills they use in the classroom? Same for students. Same for administrators.
- Will the district create its own assessment or will they use commercial programs?
- Will everyone be assessed or will there be a sampling? If sampled, will it be a percentage of each school or only certain schools?
- If the survey reveals that the students, teachers, and administrators have a high degree of technology skills, are technology integration teachers needed?